Mark your Calendars for May 5-7th

Registration is Open for a Limited Time

This is our first EVER Waterfall style tournament! The idea is that you get a minimum of 4 games in 4 hours, so no 2 and done, and it shouldn’t take all day. More fun, less time.

This tournament is our primary fundraiser this year ( it should cover 60% of our court sponsorship, with Flex Leagues and online merchandise taking care of the other 40%) so there is a fee to participate. The fundraising is going toward enhancement of the Mountain Run Lake Park courts (windscreens, hardscaping, sidewalks, seating, improved restroom facilities, etc.). It promises to be a fun filled three days.


The Culpickle Classic is a three day event at Culpeper’s picturesque Mountain Run Lake Park.


Friday, May 5th afternoon: Men’s and Women’s Singles
Saturday, May 6th: Women’s Doubles followed by Men’s Doubles
Sunday, May 7th: Mixed Doubles

Rain date: 
May 12th – 14th

Culpickle Classic Social Event: TBD, see Janine Morrison for details

Format: Brackets are formed with 16 teams maximum and after each round, you continue playing against a team with the same sequence of wins-losses. For example, after round three, teams who won their first 2 and lost the 3rd play and teams that lost the first and won the next 2 play. Your sequence matters even though all teams have 2 wins and 1 loss.

Events: Participants can play with a partner with a DUPR rating difference no greater than 1.5. The sixteen teams will be divided by highest partner rating. Play will be competitive, level-based, and DUPR-neutral across demographics.

DUPR Rating: All players must have a DUPR of 5.0 or less because the DUPR Waterfall guarantees DUPR-neutral play. Players with a DUPR rating higher than the maximum number in that bracket cannot play down. Players are permitted to play in a higher DUPR rated bracket if their DUPR rating is lower than the bracket’s minimum rating. The tournament director will have final approval on tournament admission.

Players that don’t have a DUPR rating can enter the tournament. Player can self-rate, but final determination will be made by tournament director. It is highly encouraged to record 3-5 self-recorded games through the DUPR app prior to registration. If a DUPR rated player has a partner with a NR, tournament director will make division determination.

Brackets: Play will occur within a four-hour designated time window. Players sign up with or without a partner and DUPR will create brackets of 16 teams based on rating of the highest DUPR rated player on the team.

Partner Differential: Within the DUPR Algorithm, matches, where players are rated with a difference greater than 1.50, are excluded. Therefore, players may not sign up with a partner outside of that range. So, a 5.0 can’t play with a 3.4, but a 4.9 and a 3.5 could play two players rated a 4.4.